LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF MAKRO’S INTERNET SITE
The content of MAKRO’s Internet Site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the MAKRO Internet Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal use or for your business use in connection with use of a MAKRO tradecard (so long as not for commercial exploitation or profit by your business), provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the MAKRO Internet Site without written permission from MAKRO.
No licence is granted to you in these Terms and Conditions to use any trade
mark of MAKRO or its affiliated companies including, without limitation, the
trade marks MAKRO and METRO.
MAKRO takes reasonable precautions to ensure that any guidance note on the MAKRO Internet Site is accurate. However, data on the MAKRO Internet Site which relate to legislation, food safety or any other matter is provided purely for your information and is not intended to be legally comprehensive. MAKRO recommends that no action be taken on such data within the MAKRO Internet Site as such data are intended to be indicative only and not a substitute for full legal or other professional advice.
You may not use the MAKRO Internet Site for:
1. disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
2. transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice;
3. gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems;
4. interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the MAKRO Internet Site;
5. breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks;
5. interfering or disrupting networks or web sites connected to the MAKRO Internet Site;
6. making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
MAKRO reserves the right to refuse to post material on the MAKRO Internet Site or to remove material already posted on the MAKRO Internet Site.
By using the site, you accept that you will indemnify MAKRO against all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses reasonably suffered or incurred by MAKRO, all damages awarded against MAKRO under any judgment by a court of competent jurisdiction and all settlements sums paid by MAKRO as a result of any settlement agreed by MAKRO arising out or in connection with:
1. any claim by any third party that the use of the MAKRO Internet Site
by you is defamatory, offensive or abusive, or of an obscene or pornographic
nature, or is illegal or constitutes a breach of any applicable law, regulation
or code of practice;
2. any claim by any third party that the use of the MAKRO Internet Site by you infringes that third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights of whatever nature; and
3. any fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory, advertising or trading body or authority in connection with the use of the MAKRO Internet Site by you.
Availability of the MAKRO Internet Site
Due to the nature of the Internet, MAKRO is unable to guarantee that the MAKRO Internet Site will meet your requirements. MAKRO gives no warranty that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service you should contact MAKRO’s Marketing Department (at MAKRO Head Office) and Makro will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
Your access to the Makro Internet Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. MAKRO will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can.
This Site has been designed for use by MAKRO customers and potential customers within the United Kingdom. MAKRO makes no promise that materials on the MAKRO Internet Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the MAKRO Internet Site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so of your own volition and you are responsible for compliance with relevant local law.